Monday, November 7, 2011

Thank you for taking care of me, State of Texas!

So I'm checking out of my local grocery store on Sunday (before noon) and the cashier takes away my beer.  She says, "You have to wait until noon." 

I'm sorry, what?

"You can't buy beer until noon in Texas."

Well, thank goodness the State of Texas is looking out for me!  God knows I was going to go home at 10 a.m. and down a six pack of Shiner Amber.  Then ... who knows... I could've done something really awful like mowed my yard drunk or passed out on my sofa or played my music REALLY LOUD on a friggin SUNDAY!

Of course, when I lived up in Virginia they wouldn't sell any alcohol on a Sunday at all.  And the times the "alky" stores were open was like between 2p.m. and 3:15 p.m.  LOL

Thank you Mr. & Mrs. Politician for looking out for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment